Have you tried the Dress-Over-Pants trend yet?
Although its one of the oldest, it has the power to revamp any wardrobe. Largely seen on and off the runway this year, this chic trend is here to stay and is definitely easy to pull off. Its a great way of updating your closet and adding life to your tired staples. 🙂
The best way to master the dress-over-pants look is by paying attention to proportions and not making it too complicated. Here are a few quick tips on how you can rock this uber cool trend:
- Talking about pants, go for neutral colors like black, white, navy or gray. Even denims look great when worn with dresses.
- When it comes to dress size, make sure its neither too long or short. A knee to midi length hem is perfect. Maxi dresses with high slits do work as they create a flow effect.
- Slim-cut trousers, cigarette pants, cropped denims and jeggings suit this style the most. If you like the slouchy or casual look, opt for flared pants.
- You can even wear matching pieces that are of similar color, pattern, texture or fabric.
- Unless you are very tall, its best to carry this look with mid to high heels to avoid looking bulky.
- Play with solid colors and don’t forget to accessorize.
- During winters, you can go for sweater dresses or leather pants. Layer up your outfit with blazers, overcoats, cropped sweats, or knits.
I have created two different looks here to show you all this supremely chic trend. Have a look and let me know if you like it. 😀
(Outfit: Dress-Zara, Denims- Vero Moda, Scarf-Emilio Pucci, Sunglasses-MK, Shoes-Steve Madden)
(Outfit: Dress & Pants-Zara, Clutch-Bangkok)
(Septum ring- Tribe by Amprapali)
Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid wearing dresses with heavy bottoms or drapes.
- Keep the pants simple and experiment with dresses instead.
- Stick to heels and avoid wearing flats.
- Wear what suits your frame.
Hope you all enjoyed reading this one. If you have any queries, leave me a comment below! 🙂
Much Love ❤