Its that time of the year again when I can finally bring out my sandals and sundresses and start amping up my wardrobe. ‘Tis the season for beach vacations, rooftop bars, and best of all, wearing white. Though white can be chic all year round, nothing says summer like a fresh all-white look.
Only recently I realised that it could actually be my favourite colour as I end up buying a lot of whites. And why not? it continues to remain a classic and will always be in trend whatsoever! 🙂
So today in this post, I’m going to share a few tips for dressing in this sleek colour and making it work for you!
(Outfit: Top- SheIn, Denims-Zara, Shoes-Forever21, Sunglasses- Prada, Earrings-H&M, Bag- Ted Baker)
- Don’t be intimidated by wearing all neutrals. White is the perfect canvas to show off any skin tone and hair colour. Throw on a fun lipstick and wear it all summer in confidence.
- Never underestimate the power and versatility of a little white dress. This adorable item can be dressed up or down for nearly any occasion or event!
- The white jumpsuit is all power. Throw a white blazer on top to complete a work look. Remove the blazer and you’re ready for a night out.
- Make sure you have a great pair of white pants (or shorts) in your summer wardrobe.
- Opt for not-so-basic white tops with ruffles or statement sleeves to make your outfit stand out.
- Try deconstructed shirts. Deconstructed shirting can come in many different forms—it’s essentially just a shirt, worn differently and/or in a new way. It could be re-worked in the way it sits on the body, or it could have an extra long sleeve, or cut-away neckline.
- Think maxi dresses, summer dresses in lightweight fabric for your next summer getaway. Pair it with pastel accessories, your favourite sunglasses and bright lips.
(Outfit: Dress- SheIn, Sunglasses- Michael Kors, Shoes- Zara, Lipstick- Candy Yum Yum by MAC)
Honestly, I think it’s more important to just stay true to your own style and feel comfortable in whatever you are wearing. That being said, white is a clean, powerful colour thats fun to experiment with and can be easily transitioned from season to season with the right accessories.
Do let me know what’s your favourite colour this summer in the comments below! If its white, then whats your white staple?
Much Love ❤